5/04/2013

Chevron Quilt

Got a bit of sewing done today. I finished the top of a paper pieced tulip wall hanging and will work on getting it quilted this next week or two. 


My daughter wants a chevron quilt like one she saw on the internet. We used the EQ7 program to design it in her desired size, colors and arrangement. We printed out the fabric requirements and headed to the "big city" of Grand Rapids. (She was going there to buy the TV for her apartment anyway.) We stopped at JoAnn Fabrics first, and we were able to use coupons. We got Kona Cotton in white, grey, and yellow. (I like using Kona Cotton when I am working with solid colors.) Unfortunately, they did not have the teal color at the store, another day. Now for her to finish exams and we will work on the quilt together. 

EQ designed Chevron Quilt, 90" x 90", white, grey,
yellow and teal. (The black is a background
color so the quilt can be seen.)
I chose  to donate a lap quilt I made, called Flower Boxes, for the church raffle this coming weekend.  My DH took this photo, not the best, but it is the only one I now have. It is much prettier than the picture indicates. I quilted it this past fall on the Sweet 16 at the art studio using Sally Terry's Leaf designs. I see on her website that she has refined the technique and calls it SHADOW RHYTHMS. I took her class at the AQS show this past August. The technique is very easy to learn and the quilts look great. Click HERE to check out the video on her website for more information. 




2 comments:

Carrie P. said...

YOur tulip wall hanging is so sweet. I would like to make a chevron quilt one day.
thanks for stopping by my blog during the bird blog hop. I love cardinals too.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I enjoy reading through your article post.
I like to write a little comment to support you.


My website :: 24 hour fitness locations