5/23/2016

Robert's Quilt Shop-So Many Fabrics!

The first day on the quilters bus trip, we made our way from Michigan to Crest Hill, Illinois, to visit Robert's Sewing Center. Gosh, our tour director find the best shops!
While the skies were a bit dreary, we had BOLTS of fabrics inside to brighten our day.

Can you believe this photo? It only shows one side of the store!
Here is the other side.
But there was another area off to the right side, too.
The classroom was very spacious.
I like the concept of using the television for video lessons and such. 
This was one area off to the side as we came in the back doors. 
I don't know about you, but when I get into a shop with so many choices in fabrics, 
I get overloaded. 
I looked, touched, chatted with my fellow quilters about their choices. 
I finally found some fat quarters of landscape fabrics that I liked. 
I knew I was going to be working on some small pieces 
and these seemed to hold possibilities of incorporation. 
The staff were cheerful, very helpful and did a great job of checking us out with ease. 
 I will leave you with a few more photos of this great shop. 






Now, off to the sewing machine to finish quilting my Island Batik 
Playful Paper Piecing Project 
which I will reveal in a few days.
You can visit the other ambassadors to see their projects. 



Happy sewing to all of you. 





1 comment:

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Wo quite a shop. I love the balcony with all the quilts displayed around the railings.