9/27/2016

BOO Wall Hanging


Halloween is on its way. 
It is our oldest daughter's favorite season. 
And what better gift to give to her as she returns home 
to the West Coast today than a cute wall hanging! 


I sewed it up last evening. It is 8" x 23".
I wanted to use the Deco Foil somewhere, and "BOO" seemed appropriate.
I am getting better each time I try the Deco Foil. 
I finally have the pressing time figured out for the adhesive. 


On the back I sewed corner fast fold triangles for the hanger. This was a trick I learned from Ami Simms (but I can't seem to find it on her website any longer). These were 3" squares, folded diagonally and pressed. I baste them in place before the binding is put on. I then put a small dowel (or in this case, a shortened skewer) in the two corner triangles and am able to hang the piece with one nail in the wall.
I like the fabric on the back.


Do you have a Halloween project in the works? 

A reminder to check out my blog from yesterday listing the last few days of The Road Home Row Along

1 comment:

Julia Sandvoss said...

This turned out fantastic...thank you for including our Deco Foil! That Lime Green looks like the right pop of shine for this!